"It's always wise to confirm what you've been told,
and to find out what hasn't been disclosed."
A thorough background investigation includes searches for civil and criminal records and will include sexual predator reports and felony records. In Colorado, it includes all county and district access to the civil, criminal, traffic, domestic, and small claims records. At your request, Betsy will go beyond the "record search" and talk with people who've been associated with the person in question.
Background checks are also performed on companies to determine their legitimacy and reputation. Betsy urges people to do due diligence by getting background checks done. "I've seen where a company background check could have saved investors tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of dollars." She adds, "It's the easiest and most affordable way to avoid ponzi schemes and fraudulent investments."
The following records are searched:
• Civil Court Records, Colorado & Other States
• Criminal Court Records, Colorado & Other States
• Statewide Arrest Records, Colorado
• Statewide Arrest Records, Other States where permitted
• Motor Vehicle Records, Colorado
• Motor Vehicle Records, Other States Where Permitted
• Federal Civil, Criminal, and Bankruptcy Records
• Property Records
• Tax liens
• Corporate & Other Business Records
• Professional Licenses